Phool Makhana Navratri Kheer
What is Makhana?
Makhana or Phool makhana has many different names such as foxnuts or puffed lotus seeds. These foxnuts are very healthy and easily digestible. Also, it has some medicinal properties hence used in Ayurveda.
This is used in sweets as well as savory dishes. Most of the time, it is consumed during Vrat, upvas in North India. During fasting, we mostly eat potatoes or sabudana recipes which are full of carbohydrates. So it is important to balance our diet by including makhana, dried fruits, nuts, and fresh fruits.
Phool Makhana Kheer
Phool Makhana Navratri Kheer is simple and easy to make a delicious pudding. It is generally made and served during fasting as it contains all the required nutrients during fasting. This recipe is perfectly rich and creamy sweet with delicious irresistible flavors.
Benefits of eating Phool Makhana
Phool Makhana is not just good in taste but also is very beneficial when it comes to our body as it is:
- Rich in nutrients. Makhana is an excellent source of several important nutrients and makes a great addition to a healthy, well-rounded diet.
- High in antioxidants.
- May support weight loss.
- It may contain anti-aging properties.
- May help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- May promote heart health.
Kheer is simple and very easy to make as it comes together in just 30 minutes using basic ingredients which are either easily available at home or at your nearby stores.
This is my version of making this amazingly delicious snack/ pudding. Hope you all like it as much as my family does.
Serve it warm or cold as per your preference.
Phool Makhana Navratri Kheer Recipe
- 3 cup milk
- 2 cup Phool Makhane
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- Cardamom Seed Powder Crushed
- 2 tbsp. Cashews Crushed
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- Cooking-Take a pan and add some water to it.-Now add milk to it.-Take another pan.-Add ghee to it add Phool Makhane.-Let them roast until they are brown in color and are crispy.-Now again in the first milk pan.-Add almond flour, crushed makhane into the milk.-Add cardamom seed powder, Cashews.-Add some saffron on top of it.-To it add condensed milk and let it cook for a while.-And it's ready.-Sprinkle some almonds and raisins on it.-Enjoy.