We all crave something sweet all day long, and honestly, what’s better than a cupcake? Oh! The dreamy and creamy frosting with an incredibly yummy taste. Heavenly and drool-worthy, right? I know everyone loves to eat a cupcake and a chocolate cupcake tops the list. You can relish them at any time of the day and relieve all your stress in seconds.
Are you vegan, lactose intolerant, or have nut allergies? Don’t worry; vegans have even found their way to eggless baking. I have the perfect vegan cupcake recipe that is simple and an absolute treat for you guys. Nothing can be more comforting than lactose-free chocolate cupcakes, which are not just allergy-friendly but also ridiculously satisfying because no matter what, everyone deserves a cupcake!
About Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
This is an extremely easy cupcake recipe that only asks for simple ingredients and minimal time to prepare. The cupcakes are very delicious, fudgy, light, and fulfilling with a silky vegan chocolate buttercream frosting. Nothing can beat the fantastic aroma of these freshly baked cupcakes at home. I am sure your kids and friends will enjoy it. Bake them for a birthday party, picnic, get-together, dessert for any occasion, valentine’s day, or on the weekend.
You can customize the recipe as you like and top it with your favorite frosting- coconut whipped cream or nut butter. Just whisk, bake, wait, decorate, and dig in! I have used applesauce to make these egg-free cupcakes, so don’t forget that. Our vegan chocolate cupcake recipe will surely take you back to your childhood. Follow the step-wise picture guide to make your batch of soul-satisfying treats for the week.
My more Delicious and Yummy Vegan recipes:
- Best Vegan Chicken
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Homemade Vegan Feta Cheese
- Easy vegan omelette
- Vegan pumpkin pie
- Tasty Vegan Burger
- Vegan Pizza
Ingredients required for making Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipes:
• 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour (188g)
• 1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder (43g)
• 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar (100g)
• 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar (100g)
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 cup Soy Milk (240ml) *any non-dairy milk*
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/3 cup Canola Oil (80ml) or Vegetable Oil
• 3 tbsp Applesauce
• 1 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
For the Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
• 3/4 cup Vegan Butter (170g)
• 3 cups Powdered Sugar (360g)
• 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder (63g)
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 2-3 tbsp Soy Milk or *any non-dairy milk*
• Vegan Chocolate Shavings Optional
Stepwise Instructions with images on how to make Vegan Chocolate Cupcake recipe:
Step 1: Line a cupcake, try with liners and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
Step 2: Sieve flour and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and combine white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt with it.
Step 3: Now, add soy milk, vinegar, oil, vanilla extract, and applesauce to it. Nicely whisk out any large lumps.
Step 4: Evenly distribute the batter on your cupcake tray with liners.
Step 5: Put the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cupcake; if it comes out clean, they are ready.
Step 6: Let the cupcakes cool for a few minutes at room temperature, remove them from the tray, and then place them on a wire cooling rack.
Step 7: Take vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and start slowly and gradually increase the speed. Slowly add soy milk into this (only as much as you need) to get the right consistency.
Step 8: After they have cooled down properly, pipe on the vegan chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkle some grated vegan chocolate.
Your Healthy Vegan Cupcakes are ready to eat!
Some Chocolate Cupcake Decorating Ideas-
Well, frosting is essential for every cupcake. I have used a thick swirl of vegan chocolate buttercream with chocolate shavings, but feel free to get creative with extra decorations. Below are a few ways to decorate chocolate cupcakes:
- Desiccated Coconut
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Cacao Nibs
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Strawberry, a Couple of Raspberries, or any fresh fruit
- Chopped Walnuts, Almonds, or other nuts
- White Chocolate
- Sifted Powdered Sugar or Cacao Powder
How to make the Best Chocolate Cupcakes Ever?
Now that you know how to make vegan chocolate cupcakes, I am here to give you some tips for making cupcakes. The following suggestions might actually help you in baking these mouth-watering, dairy-free, and healthy chocolate cupcakes at home.
- Always weigh your flour, cocoa powder, and sugar to avoid any mistakes and get the right consistency of the batter.
- Never over-mix the ingredients; just give them a quick whisk and only use fresh ingredients.
- Please do not skip the vinegar, as it helps with fluffiness and leaves no taste at all.
- Let the cupcakes cool off entirely before you add frosting to them, or else they will melt or slide.
- You can even use almond milk or any other non-dairy milk instead of soy milk.
How to make Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes?
Just substitute the all-purpose flour with Cassava Flour, Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Oat Flour, Almond Flour, Buckwheat Flour, or even better, a blend of any two you find in the market to bake these yummy Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes. All the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten-free.
Why try the recipe?
No matter what cupcake flavor, every person is a true fan- whether red velvet, chocolate, peanut butter, carrot, strawberry, or coffee. They are many different reasons why people love these divine and beautifully moist cupcakes. Our homemade chocolate cupcakes recipe is super easy and also happens to be vegan, nut-free, and dairy-free. The cupcakes are wonderfully chocolatey, light, fluffy, and healthy too. Yes, you heard that right! Let’s talk about the nutrient profile of some ingredients.
- Soy Milk is an excellent replacement for dairy milk, rich in vitamin B, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, calcium, and many other vitamins and minerals. This helps maintain the body’s nerve cells, supports muscles and organs, reduces the risk of dementia & Alzheimer’s disease, lowers blood pressure & cholesterol levels, and strengthens your bones.
- Brown Sugar contains many carbohydrates, potassium, iron, calcium, and magnesium, which boost energy, improve digestion, prevent cold, and aid in weight loss.
- Cocoa Powder is high in zinc, calcium, magnesium, antioxidants, and other nutrients. It increases your immunity, maintains healthy muscles & proper functioning of the nervous system, prevents heart diseases, improves cholesterol & blood sugar levels, and even reduces inflammation.
Trust me, apart from your kids, all your family and friends will love them! Any cupcake lifts your mood in a single bite, which ultimately leaves you craving for more and more. Our Healthy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes come together quickly and are incredibly delicious and tempting. The cupcakes will last for about 2-3 days if you keep them in an airtight container at room temperature and up to 1 week if you store them in the fridge.
You can enjoy this classic delight as it is when you want or as a sweet dish after your meal. What drink goes well with cupcakes? People like to have it with mojitos, sparkling wine, margaritas, any cocktail, or even coffee for breakfast sometimes. Give this simple cupcake recipe a try! If you are interested in Spicyum other Vegan Desserts Recipes, check out our No-bake Vegan Cheesecake, Homemade Vegan Ice cream, Homemade Vegan Chocolate, and more!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour (188g)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (43g)
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar (100g)
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar (100g)
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Soy Milk (240ml) *any non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil (80ml) or Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Applesauce
- 1 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
For the Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 3/4 cup Vegan Butter (170g)
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar (360g)
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder (63g)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Soy Milk or *any non-dairy milk*
- Vegan Chocolate Shavings Optional
- Line a cupcake, try with liners and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and combine white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt with it.
- Now, add soy milk, vinegar, oil, vanilla extract, and applesauce to it. Nicely whisk out any large lumps.
- Evenly distribute the batter on your cupcake tray with liners.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cupcake; if it comes out clean, they are ready.
- Let the cupcakes cool for a few minutes at room temperature, remove them from the tray, and then place them on a wire cooling rack.
- Take vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and start slowly and gradually increase the speed. Slowly add soy milk into this (only as much as you need) to get the right consistency.
- After they have cooled down properly, pipe on the vegan chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkle some grated vegan chocolate.
- Your Healthy Vegan Cupcakes are ready to eat!
You get an instant smile and feel happier when you eat cookies.