No matter the occasion, you can eat chocolates without any reason- whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, valentine’s day, or any other special event (or just a craving for something sweet), chocolate is the answer! It is the first true love of every kid, and literally, everyone likes to indulge in a piece of chocolate. Chocolates come in many different flavors and forms. They are just not tempting and incredible, but they also are vegan. How to make vegan chocolate at home?
About Vegan Chocolate Recipe
Homemade and naturally sweetened chocolate is always better and more fun. You can even customize it the way you want and stop worrying about giving up on chocolate just because of your diet. It is simple, velvety, and rich with a delightful taste. All you need are five ingredients and 15 minutes, and Voila! Your Vegan Chocolate will be ready! Our chocolate is also gluten-free and dairy-free. This is a super simple recipe to make vegan chocolate at home. It is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
My More Interesting & Delicious Vegan Recipes.
Ingredients required for making vegan chocolate recipe:
- 1 cup of finely chopped Cacao Butter (135g)
- 1 cup of unsweetened Cocoa Powder (84g)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup (120ml)
- 4 tbsp Tahini (60g)
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Stepwise Instruction with Images how to make vegan chocolate recipe:
STEP 1: Line a cupcake tray with 9 cupcake liners and put it aside.
STEP 2: Place a heat-safe bowl with cacao butter over a pot with some water. Just make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
STEP 3: Gently keep stirring the cacao butter until it is completely melted.
STEP 4: Now, put off the heat and quickly mix cocoa powder, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract in the bowl.
STEP 5: Then, transfer all of it to a jug to pour it into the cupcake liners easily.
STEP 6: Refrigerate the cupcake tray, allowing the chocolate to get hard. You can obviously store the leftover chocolate in the fridge or freezer for later use or eat it directly from the fridge.
Your aromatic, creamy, mouth-watering, Vegan Chocolate is now ready to enjoy!
4 Reasons to love Vegan Chocolates- What makes them so special?
When you think of sweet, you crave a bar of chocolate. It truly has a fan base unparalleled to any other food item. Here is what makes our Vegan Chocolate Recipe so special:
- It is naturally gluten-free!
- The chocolate can become the base of many vegan chocolate desserts as it melts beautifully.
- You get a fabulous flavor with the combination of tahini and vanilla extract.
- Our recipe uses cacao ingredients that create delicious and great textured chocolates that ‘snap’ and are not fudgy at all.
Tips for making the Best Vegan Chocolate-
Now that you know how to make the best ever vegan chocolate at home, we have some chocolate-making tips. The following suggestions might actually help you.
- Prep all your equipment and ingredients in advance to avoid any mistakes or delays in the process.
- Make sure you have the right consistency; add some more maple syrup if it’s too thick- not more than 2 tbsp.
- If you want raw vegan chocolates, use cacao powder and not cocoa powder.
- Temper (process of melting and cooling) the chocolate to get beautiful and shiny chocolate that snaps when you break it off.
- Remove it from the liners/molds and store them in an airtight container wrapped inside the baking paper. Enjoy them straight from the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
- Sprinkle some Himalayan pink salt or sea salt on the chocolate before putting it in the freezer.
- Instead of using cupcake liners, you can also go for different chocolate molds such as bars, hearts, rounds, etc.
Homemade Vegan Chocolate Variations-
Everyone loves chocolate, although everyone might prefer a different type, brand, or variation. So, below are a few things to put in chocolate that might take its taste to the next level.
- You can substitute the maple syrup with agave or refined coconut sugar as a sweetener in the chocolate recipe.
- I prefer cacao butter, but you could replace it with melted coconut oil. However, it will change the taste and flavor a bit.
- Use almond, hazelnut, or orange extract instead of vanilla extract for a strong and different flavor.
- Add nuts like chopped almonds, roasted hazelnuts, raisins, macadamia nuts, peanuts, cashews, or even fruits such as cranberries, raspberries, etc., to your homemade vegan chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Benefits:
- It has a decent amount of fiber and is loaded with iron, copper, magnesium, and other minerals.
- They are packed with powerful antioxidants that are greater than any other food.
- Chocolate increases the blood flow in the heart and arteries while also decreasing high blood pressure.
- This lowers the risk of stroke & cardiovascular disease and promotes lung health.
Why try the recipe?
Well, if you think chocolate is just junk food, you might not be aware of its health benefits. Apart from being rich, luxurious, and of course absolutely divine, they have also proven to be nutritious. Specifically, talking about Dark chocolate; they are made from cacao tree seed, making it the best source of antioxidants.
I would personally recommend making chocolate at home because it can be very beneficial compared to store-bought chocolates, which contain unhealthy additives like sugar and milk fat. Having chocolate in its purest form is the healthiest choice. Give SpicYum’s mere 5-ingredient Homemade Vegan Chocolate a try! If you want to try other vegan desserts, you can also check out our Vegan Cheesecake, Vegan Ice cream, and more!
BEST HOMEMADE VEGAN CHOCOLATE EVER
- 1 cup finely chopped Cacao Butter 135g
- 1 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder 84g
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup 120ml
- 4 tbsp Tahini 60g
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Line a cupcake tray with 9 cupcake liners and put it aside.
- Place a heat-safe bowl with cacao butter over a pot with some water. Just make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Gently keep stirring the cacao butter until it is completely melted.
- Now, put off the heat and quickly mix cocoa powder, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract in the bowl.
- Then, transfer all of it to a jug to pour it into the cupcake liners easily
- Refrigerate the cupcake tray, allowing the chocolate to get hard. You can obviously store the leftover chocolate in the fridge or freezer for later use or eat it directly from the fridge.
How can we forget that chocolates are the epitome of feeling pressure and a better mood!