What is Chilla?
Chilla is a savory pancake made with gram flour and veggies. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and a popular breakfast in India! Fill the batter with your favorite grated vegetables to make your meal more nutritious, and serve as a quick breakfast, brunch, or even as a late-night snack.
Benefits of Fenugreek (Methi)
- Reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Improve milk production and flow.
- Improve weight loss.
- Raise testosterone and boost sperm count.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Reduce the risk of heart and blood pressure conditions.
- Pain relief.
Different types of Chilla
- Oats chilla
- Rice chilla
- Moong dal chilla
- Besan chilla
- Panner chilla
- Matar chilla
- Vegan oats chickpea veggie chilla
- Vegan methi omelet
- Onion chilla
- Rava chilla
- Potato onion chilla
How to store Fenugreek (Methi)
Wrap in a paper or cheesecloth and store in the refrigerator. The whole idea is to prevent excess moisture in the leaves. You may also store it in an air-tight zip lock/box. This will help you keep the leaves fresh for almost a week.
About this recipe
This recipe of High Protein Methi Chilla is a delicious easy-to-make healthy recipe that can easily be cooked within no time as tastes heavenly. Why settle for good when you can get the best at the same time setting at your home and trust me when I say that this is the healthiest and yummiest at the same time.
This recipe can be your breakfast or evening snack time recipe or can be made at weekends with all of your own preferred ingredients in it. Spices and veggies can be added more or less according to one’s own preference and choices I wanted to make it super healthy so for that I added protein, Almond flour, Coconut flour, Flax meal, and Spinach, etc…
This is my way of making this crispy and savory snack time recipe for you all to enjoy this weekend with your family. Do try and let me know your experience having it don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
Why you will love this recipe
Veggies, Flour everything that is used in this recipe is super healthy for our body as they contain ingredients that can help in the growth and prevention of many problems for our body. I got to learn that Methi(Fenugreek) is very good for people who are diagnosed with PCOD. It helps to regulate Insulin resistance and is also a great booster for weight loss. Not only that, it is a great antioxidant and works beautifully to cure skin and hair fall issues.
My family my kids everybody absolutely loves this snack as it is crispy and soo yummy which leads them to have more and that leads me to more work but I’m just happy to see my kids and family enjoying it knowing that it’s healthy for them too. This recipe is not time-consuming and can be made by anyone as it does not need any professional hand to do so.
Delicious High Protein Methi Chilla Recipe
- 2 Handfuls Baby Spinach
- 2-1/2 tbsp. Semolina
- 1/8 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp. Flax Meal
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilies Crushed
- All Plant Protein Nutrilite
- 1 tbsp. Walnut Oil
- 1/4 cup Tofu
- 1/8 cup Corn
- Preparing– Take 2 handfuls of baby Spinach wash and chop it nicely.
- -Add Semolina, Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Flex meal, and Gram flour. Mix it all together.
- -To this, we'll add Baking Powder, Salt, Garam masala, Red Chili powder, Cumin Seeds, Green Chilies, and All Plant Protein. Mix it all together.
- -Add Walnut oil and Water to it mix it nicely and slowly add water accordingly and mix it.
- -To it add Tofu, Corn, and Spinach mix it nicely. Our Mixture is ready.
- Cooking-Add Oil, to it add a spoonful of Batter spread it nicely, and let it cook properly from both sides by closing the lid.
- -Our High Protein Methi Chilla is ready.