Gum berry pickle is also known as lasoda, tenti, dela, Gunda, lasoore, bhokar is a tasty Gujarati Pickle.
Every Gujarati house always has a jar of this pickle although they might have different variations of the recipe.
Gum berry pickle has perfect flavors of spicy, sour, and tanginess, which everyone craves.
This is my favorite way of making it which turns out to be delicious for me and my family I really hope it turns out great for you too.
This can be your travel buddy, as you can easily carry it on your vacations.
This pickle is very effective in curing joints pains making it perfect to have.
Down below I have shown you all way of making this heavenly delicious recipe.
Serve it hot with roti, rice.
Homemade Gum Berry Pickle Recipe
- Frying pan
- 3 tbsp. Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Carrom powder Crushed
- 2 tsp Anise Seeds Crushed
- 3 tsp Yellow Mustard Crushed
- Turmeric Powder
- Methi Powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Mango Powder
- Anise Seeds Crushed
- Preparation–Pick the Gum berry.-Wash them properly add salt to it and let them boil properly.-Let the berries cool down for the deseeding.-Slit the berries to remove the seed.
- Cooking–Add mustard oil, salt, Asafoetida, Carrom seeds, anise seeds, yellow mustard, turmeric powder add Gum berries.-Add Methi Powder, Red chili powder.-Mix them properly.-Add salt, cover the pan and let it cook nicely.-After few minutes add water and mix.-Add Mango Powder to it and let it cook nicely.-Add sugar, Mango powder, anise seeds.-Check if the berries are cooked nicely by breaking them.-Let it cool down.-Enjoy.