Who doesn’t like butter in their meals? I am sure everyone loves a creamy and rich flavor. And honestly, what could be a better option than Coconut Butter? It can be used in various vegan desserts. This natural homemade butter contains no added dairy, sugar, or preservatives, making it very nutritious. This Gluten-Free Coconut Butter immediately melts on anything hot and enhances the flavor of everything.
About Homemade Coconut Butter Recipe
Do you enjoy the coconutty flavor? The wholesome and delicious Vegan Coconut Butter exactly offers that with mere 2-ingredients and super-simple steps. It is smooth and creamy with a mind-blowing taste and only takes 15 minutes to prepare. You won’t believe how easy and quick our Vegan Butter Recipe is!
My more healthy and mouthwatering recipes.
Benefits of Coconut Butter:
- It is an excellent source of lauric acid that boosts our immunity system and fights bacteria and viruses.
- This improves your metabolism while helping in weight loss.
- Coconut Butter is good for your heart and is known for lowering cholesterol and preventing heart diseases.
- The butter has a high-fiber content and is awesome for your hair-adds shine, promotes hair growth, and prevents dandruff.
Ingredients required for making homemade coconut butter recipe:
- 4 cups of Desiccated Coconut (320g) – Finely Shredded
- 1 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
Stepwise instruction with images how to make homemade coconut butter recipe:
STEP 1: First, process 3 cups of finely shredded coconut in a food processor.
STEP 2: Then, add the remaining desiccated coconut to the processor.
STEP 3: Keep processing the coconut and add some coconut oil when it starts forming lumps.
STEP 4: Scrape off the butter on the edges and keep processing for 12-15 minutes until you get a liquid consistency.
Scoop the drool-worthy and tempting homemade Vegan Coconut Butter on top of anything you like and enjoy!
Uses of Coconut Butter-
It is a go-to everyday delicacy, or say kryptonite, for many. Just like you enjoy Nutella straight out of the jar, other people love eating their Vegan Coconut Butter from the jar. But you can actually use it in several recipes. Here are some coconut butter uses:
- Stir in Hot Beverages (Creamy Coffee & Hot Cocoa)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Ice Cream
- Baking Purpose (Sweets)
- Truffles and Fudges
- Savory Dishes (Paste Sauce)
How to Store Homemade Coconut Butter?
Keep your coconut butter in a sealed/airtight container or a glass jar at room temperature, and it will harden. The homemade coconut butter will last up to 2 weeks and more. It is shelf-stable, so there is no need to refrigerate it. Also, sometimes the butter might separate into two layers, all you have to do is mix it well or heat it a little.
Tips for making the Best Coconut Butter at Home-
You could make coconut butter at home in different ways. We are here to help you make the Best Vegan Coconut Butter right in your kitchen. Some butter-making tips and tricks are:
- Use a powerful blender or Vitamix for our Coconut Butter Recipe to get a creamy and smooth texture in just 2 minutes.
- If you are using a food processor, it will have a liquid consistency with a grainy texture.
- Add a minimum of 2 cups of shredded and unsweetened coconut (approx. 180 g) for a good consistency.
- Make sure your coconut butter has a creamy texture, similar to almond or peanut butter, and scrape it from the edges of the blender if it sticks.
Why try the recipe?
Every bit of coconut is used in one way or the other, such as coconut milk, coconut water, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Similarly, coconut butter is another hidden gem of the superfood. This creamy spread is incredibly healthy and divine on everything. Below are a few reasons why you should include it in your diet.
It works as a great replacement for all kinds of vegan butter (cashew butter, etc.) in any recipe. The easiest way of using homemade Coconut Butter is to spread some over a toast or hot paratha. You can even drizzle some over fresh fruits like berries. Coconut Butter also pairs well with cakes, muffins, oatmeal, and pancakes. People also love to add it to their smoothies or on top of their waffles. Try the quick and easy Coconut Butter recipe today! Follow and keep Eye on “SpicYum” for more yummy recipes.
HOMEMADE COCONUT BUTTER RECIPE
- 4 Cups Desiccated Coconut (320g) – Finely Shredded
- 1 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- First, process 3 cups of finely shredded coconut in a food processor.
- Then, add the remaining desiccated coconut to the processor.
- Keep processing the coconut and add some coconut oil when it starts forming lumps
- Scrape off the butter on the edges and keep processing for 12-15 minutes until you get a liquid consistency.
There are multiple ways to enjoy Vegan Coconut Butter
And every bite makes your heart flutter!