Looking for a way to add some excitement to your Thanksgiving dinner? Why not try these spicy mashed potatoes? They are sure to spice up the table! This recipe is simple and easy to follow, and it results in a delicious side dish that everyone will love. So why not give it a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
Mashed potatoes are a staple of American cuisine. They are simple to make and can be flavored in many different ways. They are a versatile side dish that can be served at any meal. Mashed potatoes are also a comfort food, and many people enjoy them as a snack or dessert.
History of mashed potatoes
The history of mashed potatoes is a bit unclear, but it is thought to have originated in either Ireland or Scotland. It is believed that potatoes were first mashed in the early 18th century, and the dish quickly became popular across the UK. Mashed potatoes eventually made their way to the United States, where they became a staple side dish. Today, mashed potatoes are enjoyed all over the world, and they remain a popular choice for Thanksgiving dinner.
Health benefits of potatoes
Potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamin C
– this thanksgiving recipe is high in antioxidants
– spicy mashed potatoes recipe contains capsaicin, which has anti-inflammatory properties
Potatoes are a staple of the thanksgiving dinner, and no feast is complete without them. there are many different ways to make mashed potatoes, and this recipe is one of the most popular. this recipe is simple, easy to follow, and results in delicious mashed potatoes that will please everyone at the table. so why not give it a try? your taste buds will thank you!
Ingredients required for making Spicy mashed potatoes Recipe
– garlic cloves, minced
– red pepper flakes
– salt and black pepper, to taste
– milk or cream, as needed
– Sriracha sauce, to taste
Stepwise Instruction on how to make Spicy mashed potatoes Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
3. Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes and return them to the saucepan .
5. Add olive oil , garlic , red pepper flakes (if using), salt , black pepper , and milk . Mash until smooth . If needed, add more milk until desired consistency is reached .
6. Transfer mashed potatoes to a baking dish .
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes , or until heated through .
8. Serve potatoes hot and enjoy!
9. Sprinkle some Sriracha sauce on the top as per preference
How to pair spicy mashed potatoes with other recipes
When preparing a Thanksgiving feast, it’s always a good time to experiment with new recipes. Why not try pairing spicy mashed potatoes with other dishes? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
– Try serving them with roast vegan turkey or vegan chicken.
– They would also go well with vegan ham or vegan pork chops.
– For a vegetarian option, try pairing them with stuffed mushrooms or roasted Brussels sprouts.
– They would also be a great side dish for vegan beef or lamb roasts.
So why not give them a try? Spicy mashed potatoes make a delicious addition to any Thanksgiving feast!
My More Delicious & Yummy Recipes:
Variations of spicy mashed potatoes recipe
One way to make this recipe more interesting is to add some spices. Some good spices to try include chili powder, cumin, or garlic powder. Another way to spice things up is to add some shredded cheese or green onions. This will add flavor and texture to the potatoes. So why not give it a try?
Storing leftover spicy mashed potatoes
If you have any leftovers, be sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for a few days, and can be reheated in the microwave or oven. Enjoy!
Spicy Mashed Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Milk or cream, as needed
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return them to the saucepan .
- Add olive oil , garlic , red pepper flakes (if using), salt , black pepper , and milk . Mash until smooth . If needed, add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes , or until heated through.
- Serve potatoes hot and enjoy!
- Sprinkle some Sriracha sauce on the top as per preference