What’s better than a homemade Aloo ka Paratha? This is the wholesome Indian Breakfast your family will definitely love!
Parathas are the staple breakfast meals in many Indian households, enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. They are whole wheat pan-fried flatbread stuffed with a variety of fillings. Moms make all types of parathas- Mooli Paratha, Paneer Paratha, Green Chili Paratha, Broccoli Paratha and Gobi Paratha, among many others. Punjabi Aloo Paratha remains the most common and favorite breakfast idea out of all. It will help you win all hearts and stomachs.
About Homemade Aloo Paratha Recipe
Just some boiled mashed potatoes, mixed with exotic herbs and stuffed in a dough. This recipe is very easy and great for your morning energy and tiffin snack as well. The thickness of the paratha is your personal preference. It is best with Garlic Cilantro Chutney , fresh curd, homemade butter, chai, and lassi (buttermilk). You can enjoy your Paratha even more during winters. Here is how you can make this tasty and flavorful Aloo Paratha.
Ingredients Required for making Homemade Aloo Paratha Recipe:
- 1 cup potato sliced
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. cilantro chopped
- 2 green chilies slit
Stepwise Instructions on how to make homemade aloo paratha
- Take a bowl, add Wheat flour to it add water, and start kneading it to make a dough of it.
- Add a bit of oil and mix it so that the dough doesn’t stick..
- Now in a bowl add Potatoes to it add Onions, Cilantro, Green Chilies, Ginger, Cumin Seeds, Carom Seeds, Table Salt, Black Salt, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, Garam masala, Asafoetida, and Chili flakes.
- Mash and mix it all together nicely.
- Take a small dough add the mixture to it and nicely seal it.
- Spread it and make a paratha of it.
- Pre-heat Tawa and add paratha to it.
- Add a bit of oil and let it cook properly.
- Our Homemade Aloo Paratha is ready.
Is Aloo Paratha Vegan?
Yes, our Aloo Paratha Recipe is totally vegan. People usually prefer to cook their Parathas with ghee, but you could use oil to keep your Aloo Paratha Vegan.
There are different ways to customize your aloo filling; here are a few ideas:
- You could add dry pomegranate seeds powder (anardana powder) or mint leaves for extra flavor.
- If you don’t want to make it vegan, grate some cheese or paneer in the paratha filling to make it tastier.
- People also add cooked and mashed veggies like- peas, carrots, and French beans to the filling, making it healthier.
- Use some amchur powder (dried mango powder) in your Aloo Paratha filling for a tangy taste.
Why should you try the Recipe?
Of course, this delicious paratha is easy and quick to make. And who wouldn’t love a crispy Aloo Paratha? It is the perfect one-dish meal full of flavors. But did you know our recipe’s key ingredient is also quite nutritious? Since the 16th century, potatoes have been a staple meal in Europe, Asia, and large areas of America. They are the favorite and most versatile root vegetable- when it comes to cooking in every home.
Aloo Paratha is very yummy- whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Make sure to serve it hot with some plain curd (yogurt), Boondi Raita, Cup of Tea, Butter, or any vegetable or dal of your choice. Indian Dhabas serve it with Dal Makhni and Green Chilies. I personally enjoy it with pickles such as Gobi Gajar Shalgam ka Achar ,Mango Pickle, Lemon Pickle, and Garlic Pickle. Go and try our Aloo Paratha Recipe! Follow Spicyum For More Delicious and Yummy Recipes.
Potato Health Benefits:
- They are high in important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, which help your body work properly and avoid diseases.
- Antioxidants in potatoes help prevent ailments like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- It contains a type of starch that manages blood sugar levels.
- Potatoes are inherently gluten-free, do not wait to include them in your diet. But is Aloo Paratha Gluten-Free? It can be if you use different flour other than wheat like Coconut Flour, Rice Flour, Tapioca Flour, etc.
Homemade Aloo Paratha
- 2 Bowl
- 1¼ cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Potatoes
- ¼ cup Onions Chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro
- 1 Green Chili Chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger Chopped
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Carom Seeds
- ¼ tsp Table Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Salt
- ¼ tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes
- Preparation– Take a bowl, add Wheat flour to it add water, and start kneading it to make a dough of it.-Add a bit of oil and mix it so that the dough doesn't stick..– Now in a bowl add Potatoes to it add Onions, Cilantro, Green Chilies, Ginger, Cumin Seeds, Carom Seeds, Table Salt, Black Salt, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, Garam masala, Asafoetida, and Chili flakes.– Mash and mix it all together nicely.– Take a small dough add the mixture to it and nicely seal it.– Spread it and make a paratha of it.
- Cooking– Pre-heat Tawa and add paratha to it.-Add a bit of oil and let it cook properly.-Our Homemade Aloo Paratha is ready.
Enjoy Aloo Paratha with your Hot Cuppa Tea,
And you won’t realize it when you eat Three!